- This event has passed.
Zoning Procedures Law (ZPL) Download – An Emerging Planners of Georgia Signature Law Panel
November 10, 2022 @ 11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Join us to discuss recent change to zoning at the State Level. The ZPL updates mandate that all entities exercising zoning powers in the State of Georgia update their procedures to be consistent with the changes no later than July 1, 2023. This panel will provide an overview to communities on the content and need for the updates; clarify and provide guidance for how governments can proceed with text amendments; and provide a forum for questions of a panel of zoning practitioners.
Panelists: Laurel David, Esq., Reginald McLendon, Esq., and Ronnie Kurtz, AICP.
Participants receive 1.5 law CM credits
- Overview of the adopted legislation
- Summary of areas of the legislation that might be interpreted or implemented in different ways
- Education about required updates to be made to all zoning ordinances around the state
- Guidance on how other communities are interpreting and addressing the changes
- Opportunity for communities to connect and collaborate after the event