DeKalb County Government
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, develops and oversees employee work schedules to ensure adequate coverage and control; compiles and reviews timesheets; approves/processes employee concerns and problems and counsels or disciplines as appropriate; assists with or completes performance appraisals; directs work; acts as a liaison between employees and management; and trains staff in operations, policies and procedures.
- Organizes, prioritizes and assigns work; prioritizes and schedules work activities in order to meet objectives; ensures that subordinates have the proper resources needed to complete the assigned work; monitors status of work, in progress and inspects completed work; consults with assigned staff to assist with complex/problems situations and provide technical expertise; and provides progress and activity reports to management.
- Monitors, prioritizes, participates in, and inspects work activities to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, codes, standards, regulations, operating instructions and safety standards and to ensure operational efficiency and a safe work environment.
- Completes inspection reports, data entry for violations, and other information; and completes inspection reports, data entry for violations, and other information as required.
- Performs site visits and construction meetings with contractors; and holds construction meetings with builders and contractors regarding building codes.
- Issues warning notices, stop work orders, and court summons; and issues warning notices and court summons for violations that have not been corrected.
- Requisitions equipment, tools and materials in a timely manner to ensure maintenance and construction schedules are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or a related skilled trades area required,
- Five years of progressively responsible experience enforcing building codes and ordinance, to include lead or supervision experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this classification.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $81,550 – $126,406
How to Apply