GPA One Water Delegation
The Georgia Planning Association has been invited to put together a delegation to the One Water Summit in Atlanta, June 8-10th. “One Water” is an approach to water stewardship that is innovative, inclusive, and integrated. It includes utility managers, sustainability directors, planners, community leaders, environmental advocates, business leaders, and researchers. The Summit offers planners an opportunity to share and learn from others in sustainability and water related fields.
What is One Water Summit 2016?
From June 8-10, 2016, leaders who are transforming how the nation views, values, and manages water will gather in Atlanta, Georgia for One Water Summit 2016. One Water Summit 2016 is the nation’s premier gathering of water providers, business leaders, public officials, environmental advocates, community leaders, policy organizations, and researchers. Summit attendees will assess how water drives economic growth, environmental sustainability, and opportunity for all in the United States. Through plenary sessions, interactive panels, mobile workshops, and institutes, participants will strategize on how to accelerate the adoption of integrated, sustainable, and inclusive approaches to water resource management.
What are the benefits of being part of GPA’s One Water Delegation?
Being part of the delegation is a way to work with your strategic partners on the implementation of one water management in your region or community after the Summit. Some of the special features that the US Water Alliances offers One Water Delegations, include:
- Discounted Registration. One Water Delegations will receive a discounted registration of $395 (the full registration cost for One Water Summit 2016 is $745).
- Pre and Post Briefing Sessions. US Water Alliance CEO and Deputy Director are available for pre and post discussions with the delegation.
- Delegation-Only Networking Session at the Summit. During the Summit in Atlanta, there will be a networking session for One Water Delegations to facilitate relationship building across regions and communities of practice.
- Shape the One Water Roadmap. The GPA Delegation will be given the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the One Water Roadmap that is being produced by the US Water Alliance as an output of the 2016 Summit.
- Opportunity to Showcase Your Work at the Closing Plenary. During the closing plenary GPA has an opportunity to do a “lightening talk” to announce a key initiative or project. This is an excellent opportunity to showcase innovative water projects and policies in front of a national audience.
Please email Marilyn Hall if you would like to be part of the delegation or call 706-613-3729.