Board of Zoning Appeals (BZA) members are charged with the responsibility of making decisions over the administration and enforcement of zoning code for a community. In addition, they are delegated the power to interpret ordinances and grant variances, a powerful tool in the development of a community. By nature, the decisions of this quasi-judicial board often have long-term effects over the function and appearance of a particular property and contain various competing interests tied to the situation being brought before them.
The objective of this course is to provide BZA members with legal, technical and organizational knowledge and skills to enhance and maintain a consistent and sound decision-making board.
- Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- Location: Hurt Building – Tenth Floor Conference Room, 50 Hurt Plaza, Atlanta
- Cost is $90 for one; $160 for two; $140 for three and includes breakfast, lunch and all workshop materials.
- Registration deadline: November 2
- Online registration: http://bza.eventbrite.com/