2013 GPA Spring Conference in Review
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: College Park, GA
The City of College Park hosted a wonderful Spring Conference this year that was a tremendous success for our attendees! This year we listened to your request for an expanded Spring conference and brought back the multiple breakout format. Attendees were able to choose between a mobile workshop or two breakout sessions, all providing high quality learning and networking opportunities for attendees. This year all of our sessions were approved for CM credits in advance of the conference providing attendees with ethics, law and general CM credit opportunities. The Young Planners Group, hosted a well-attended reception after the conference that allowed for a little extra networking at the offices of The Collaborative Firm.
Special thanks go to our many sponsors and the local host committee for making this event a success. Thank you to everyone who attended the conference and we look forward to seeing you in Jekyll Island in the fall.
- Implementing Georgia’s Regional Water Plans
- Defining and Using Residential Submarkets in Planning Work Part 1 (ppt)
- Defining and Using Residential Submarkets in Planning Work Part 2 (ppt)
- DeKalb County Board of Health Master Active Living Plan
- The Emerging Law of Sustainability
- Aerotroplis Planning
- Wetland Protection at the Local Level
- Principles for Integrating Planning for Hazard Mitigation and Land Use
- Managing Consultants without Anyone Crying
- The Good, Bad and Ugly of Vertical Mixed Use Developments