- This event has passed.
2016 World Town Planning Day
October 26, 2016 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Each year the Georgia Tech Student Planning Association hosts a panel discussion, open to the public, surrounding a current planning event to celebrate World Town Planning Day. This year, the panel discussion will focus on innovations in zoning for large cities and how these could be applied in Atlanta. The panel
will discuss the state of zoning in Atlanta, where Atlanta is heading with its zoning code update, and lessons in land use policy that could be learned from other cities. We will hear perspectives from the City of Atlanta, global urban policy and design experts, and local developers.
- Andre Dickens, Councilman, Atlanta City Council
- Dr. Barbara Faga (GT PhD CRP ‘14) Professor, Rutgers University
- David Green, Principal, Perkins + Will
- Jim Irwin, President, New City, LLC
- Charletta Wilson Jacks, Zoning Director, City of Atlanta
- Caleb Racicot (GT MCRP ‘01) Senior Principal, TSW
$300 per organization. Benefits include social media recognition, a shoutout during the event, and your organization’s logo on event materials. Funding will support the event reception as well as student travel to the 2017 American Planning Association conference. Email Jack Cebe if interested in sponsoring WTPD.