- This event has passed.
Addressing Environmental Justice in Transportation Projects (CM | 7.5)
February 26, 2013 - February 27, 2013
Adrian Collaborative, LLC, is a local planning firm and an approved CM provider based in Duluth. We are conducting a 2-day course on March 26-27: Addressing Environmental Justice in Transportation Projects.
Details and registration: http://adrian-ej.eventbrite.com/
The training is most relevant for planners involved with NEPA, local land use policy in suburban growth areas, and transportation planning professionals or staff. Topics will include:
- Understanding terms, study areas, and methodology
- Estimating induced land use changes and influence on comprehensive plans
- Indirect impacts on sensitive resources
- Cumulative impact spatial and temporal boundaries
- Analysis tools and impacts
- Team case studies with guest expert panels to provide project input
Among the topics will be community outreach to minority or low-income populations, data collection, and analysis of potential impacts on these communities from transportation projects. PDH and CM credits will be available (7.5 CM including 1.5 Law have been applied for with AICP).