This bi-annual conference brings together multidisciplinary professionals from six states (VA, NC, SC, GA, FL and DC) to:
- Discuss the Southeastern States’ vision for the role of rail in the region;
- Learn about the Federally-led SE Regional Rail Study and future governance options for the Southeast Corridor,
- Highlight the economic benefits of rail projects and services,
- Identify the role, trends and activities in intermodal freight transportation: Rail, Ports, Trucking, and Shipping Hubs,
- Discuss how passenger and freight rail services can be planned in concert to meet the demands of our growing region,
- Provide an opportunity for multi-state networking and information sharing, and
- Provide an opportunity to discuss area freight, intermodal, and passenger projects.
The SE Rail Forum is hosted by the Southeastern States and Women’s Transportation Seminar (WTS) NC Triangle Chapter.